If you’re totally new to makeup, begin with this page — Where should I start with makeup? — for some general advice and a sample drugstore makeup starter kit. There is also a full list of drugstore makeup recommendations.
Then you can review these links for product descriptions and recommendations, application tips, and links to tutorials.
- Concealer and corrector
- Foundation, powder, and other face makeup
- Lip products
- Highlighting and contouring
- Brushes, including specific low-to-mid-end brush recommendations (see here for a guide to Hakuhodo brushes)
At these links, you’ll find specific recommendations and advice on color selection for different skintones/hair colors:
- How to choose flattering lipstick colors – these principles also apply to other types of makeup, such as blush
- MLBB (“my lips but better”)/nude lipstick recommendations
- Blush recommendations
- Highlighting and contouring product recommendations
- Eyebrow product recommendations for blonde, red, brown, and black hair
- Eyeshadow recommendations for brown eyes, green and hazel eyes and blue and gray eyes
- Links to general resources on makeup and makeup tutorials